Introducing Brokers (IBs)
At Elibank Vernon, we believe our IB affiliates play a key role in our success. However, we also know that the relationship is a mutually beneficial one. We work closely with IBs to provide them with the necessary skills to expand their client base. Below is a list of the benefits Elibank Vernon offers their IBs:
- White labeled solutions for both electronic trading platforms and back office services
- Expertise and guidance for IBs, which allows them to develop and increase their product range and thus generate more business
- A simple-to-use operating system and an efficient back office with risk management tools
- Trading software from which they can execute client trades
Elibank Vernon caters for IBs with an array of client types whether it is brokers trading on behalf of clients, brokers with self-trading clients, or a combination of the two. In each of these scenarios, the clients who are introduced by IBs open an account with Elibank Vernon, the IBs are authorized to trade the account and place orders, as well as share in the commissions charged to the clients. IBs must be regulated to conduct investment business in the jurisdiction in which they operate.
Introducing Agents (IAs)
We also offer an IA program. IAs simply introduces clients for which the IA is paid an ongoing return commission. We have a network of IAs worldwide who introduce clients to Elibank Vernon and we take care of the rest.
Back Office Services
All clients have access to their trading statements through the Client Facing Portal (CFP). The CFP is a simple to use web-based system providing our clients with access to statements and in-depth account information.
Information within the CFP includes:
- Historical data of all trading activity
- Details of any cash movements into and out of your account
- Detailed margin requirements for each individual position
- Net delta positions on bought and written options (subject to availability)
- A realized profit & loss history by contract
- All information is exportable to Excel enabling the trader to extrapolate relevant data over a user-defined period of time
- Links to a multitude of exchanges and settlement prices
Elibank Vernon Hedging Services
Elibank Vernon offers hedging services in a wide variety of products including grains, softs, currencies, interest rates, precious and base metals.
Example: Hedging a physical trade in Copper - A client has agreed to take delivery of copper, from a producer, at some future date. He has based his decision on the current cash price, but needs to guard against adverse movement in the meantime. The client could, therefore, buy a contract for the future date, and sell when the hedge is no longer required. Or, the client could buy a call option, again selling when the hedge is no longer required.
Futures & Options
We provide our clients with access to most of the futures and options exchanges of the world. Clients can trade using our Direct Market Access (DMA) platforms or through our fully staffed dealing desk which is available to help place and execute trades, report filled orders, and provide support and guidance.
Benefits of trading futures and options with Elibank Vernon:
- Trade financials, precious and base metals, oil and energies, agriculturals, softs, currencies, and many more
- Best execution and price transparency
- Trade spreads and strategies on futures and options
- Buy and write options
- DMA for speed, efficiency and best execution
- System and algorithmic trading offered online
- Multiple order types including Good Til Cancelled (GTC) orders, stop-limits and synthetic orders
- Benefit from our dedicated and specialist Account Executives and support staff
- Segregated client accounts
- Execution and clearing tools available for Fund Managers and Commodity Trading Advisors (CTAs)
- Other execution services available including give-ins and give-ups
- Research available upon request
- Spot and forward bullion trading in gold, silver, platinum, and palladium
- Fast and tight spreads in both spot and forwards and the ability to work orders in the market 24 hours a day
- To trade Spot & Forward Bullion online, Elibank Vernon offers a fully supported trading platform
- Bullion producers and consumers can hedge their position three months forward at extremely competitive margin and interest rates
Alternatively, you may enter the world bullion markets and trade on a spot or forward basis including commodity trading gold. Here you request a price from our dealers for a specified quantity. If the contract is to be rolling spot or a forward then the position can be held with a deposit. Finance or forward charges vary with interest rates.
Elibank Vernon offers a number of services and forms of access to the world foreign exchange markets, including over 100 currency pairs, exotics, options, and swaps.
Online Margined Foreign Exchange Dealing - For trading online, Elibank Vernon offers a fully supported platform.
Margined Spot & Forwards - Elibank Vernon also offers spot and forward foreign exchange trading services. Initial margin requirement levels vary according to currency pairs.
Non-Deliverable Forwards (NDFs) - Elibank Vernon quotes Non-Deliverable Forwards (NDFs) in a variety of otherwise restricted currencies. Prices may be obtained from 1 day to 3 months ahead. Positions may be closed prior to, or left open to, expiry. Any profit is calculated in US Dollars using the settlement price which is fixed two working days before.
Currency Futures & Options - Elibank Vernon offers Direct Market Access (DMA) and supported phone-brokerage to Currency futures and options.
Physical & Hedging Transactions - Whether protecting an overseas asset or income, buying a property, receiving a Single Farm Payment (SFP), or exchanging your base currency for another purpose, you will need to access the world foreign exchange markets.
Why use the services of Elibank Vernon?
- Dealing with banks can be a lengthy and expensive process. When making a major investment abroad keep your dealing costs to a minimum and ensure you are not paying over the odds for your currency; Elibank Vernon can offer transactions at extremely competitive rates
- Spot and forward foreign exchange trading for speculation or hedging on most currency pairs
- Physical delivery service in major currencies on a same day basis
The-Non-Deliverable Forward (NDF) markets have seen considerable growth in recent years particularly in the emerging Asian economies. Imposed FX restrictions have led private companies, investors and non-domestic players to seek an alternative for their hedging and speculative needs.
No exchange takes place of the two currencies principal sums. The only cash flow is the movement in the difference between the traded NDF rate and the fixing rate at expiry. The P&L is transferred on settlement in the convertible currency, generally in US dollars (multiple fixing mechanisms are available). Once a trade has been established, the position can be closed or rolled at any time or alternatively left to expire and be cash settled against the fix rate.
Trading NDFs with Elibank Vernon:
- Our dedicated NDF FX desk offers dealing services in a wide range of Asian and Latin American markets in particular Indian Rupee (INR), Brazilian Real (BRL), Korean Won (KRW), Chinese Renminbi (CNY) and the Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
- Elibank Vernon can both deal and clear NDF trades as well as deal and give in to your preferred prime broker.
- Dealing is offered on all tradable broken dates ranging from spot next to three months forward on both outrights and swap dates.
- Our network of established relationships with bank counterparties enables us to offer competitive dealing spreads with deep liquidity. Elibank Vernon does not proprietary trade and all customer trades are executed on a matched principal basis.
- Extensive range of NDF crosses is also available such as EUR/KRW, GBP/CNY, EUR/INR and GBP/INR.
- Trades in non-deliverable options (NDOs) are also available on select pairs. Clients can trade NDOs ranging from single leg options to multi leg strategies.
Contract for Differences (CFDs)
Elibank Vernon offers customers the opportunity to trade share price movements on a margined basis through a CFD. This enables clients to trade major international shares utilizing a small deposit, with no time restriction for holding the contract.
Primary advantages include:
- Competitive margin rates
- Direct Market Access offered
- No time restriction on CFDs
- Aggressive commission rates
- The ability to go long and short
Commodity Risk Management
Elibank Vernon’s risk management consultants have in-depth expertise in the supply-and demand situation for specific commodities, access to our extensive proprietary database and detailed historical knowledge, and substantial experience in creating and using innovative risk-management tools.
The Risk Management Tool
The Elibank Vernon Integrated Risk Management Tool (RMT) is a unique customer-centric approach to commodity risk management. We begin by working with our customers to identify and quantify all commodity risk that they may have in their business. We then construct a strategic...